Sunday, February 20, 2011

Is it Because I'm White?


     I want to preface this blog with the fact that I am not a racist.  I personally know some wonderful black people.  My wife and I hosted a wedding in our backyard for two close black friends.  Now, with that clarified somewhat, read on…

     One morning last week, on my way to work, I scanned the radio onto an NPR station.  I rarely if ever listen to them and have always believed they are a waste of government money.  But anyway, I stayed for a moment and they began a report on the fact that segregation in America was taking such a long time.


They lamented the fact that whites just would not move into black neighborhoods to become the minority there. 

     Let me try to explain that to them, using a nearby city.  In the Birmingham News today (2-20-2011) there is an article by Eric Velasco entitled “7 Men to Blame in 25 murders”.  They are all black except one.  Birmingham, Alabama is a mostly black city.  It’s longest ever stretch of going without a murder is 28 days!  According to Neighborhoodscout.com, Birmingham’s annual crime rate per 1,000 residents is 94.13.  A Birmingham resident has a 1 in 75 chance of being a victim in a violent crime.  Why would any white person want to move into that kind of environment. Actually, that's where the term "white flight" came from, we moved away!

       I came across this great statistical analysis of a white family in a black neighborhood.  Check it out here…


The last sentence says it all, “the likelihood of a white being victimized within a year becomes a virtual certainty.”

     I know this has happened to you…  You’re in a check out line at a store and the clerk is black.  He/she is unfriendly if not outright rude.  The person behind you in line is black.  How many times have you seen the clerk’s attitude completely change to overtly friendly to a member of their own race?  Let’s face it, they hate us!  They have been taught by the Jessie Jackson’s of the world that we are evil.  We made them pick cotton in the hot sun and have their babies in the fields. 

     Hey folks, it wasn’t me.  No one in my family has ever owned a slave.  Neither has my father, grandfather, great-grandfather, etc.  So how long will you keep this hate-thing going?  Not only that, if you’re black, you have to go way back in your own genealogy to even find a cotton field. 

     Our problem is one of the heart.  Blacks and whites alike should work on loving their fellow man.  Long past history is no justification for any crime against any person created in God’s image.  NPR and American academia arranged their multicultural cart before the horse.  It just won’t work.  There will always be nationalities and cultures that will not assimilate especially if they are taught lies by the media! 

     I need to leave you with a Bible verse and John 3:16 is excellent. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

     God sent Jesus to die for everyone, even the people you don't like!

No comments:

Post a Comment