Monday, May 30, 2011

Alabama National Cemetery

    The Alabama National Cemetery is located on Highway 119 in Montevallo, next to American Village.  There are over 9,000 burial spaces, 999 in-ground cremation sites, and 2,700 columbarium niches.  The 45 acre site includes an administration and public information center complex with an electronic gravesite locator.  There are public restrooms, a cemetery entrance area, a flag assembly area, a memorial walkway and two committal shelters for funeral services.  Visitation hours are sunrise to sunset.








     We decided to visit on Memorial Day.  It is about a ten minute drive from the Alabaster's I-65 exit.  The landscaping is very nice and the grounds clean.

     I was reminded of Psalm 23.
   The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment