Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back to the Future

     My wife and I were sitting in the living room the other night and she asked me if I was ready for my birthday.  I thought a minute and said, "yes, I'm tired of being 53.  I've got my mindset right and I'm ready for 54!"  She grinned and said, "you're going to be 53".  I said, "again?"  So, I can relate to those of you who have been the same age for a long time.  It feels like I've been 53 for over a year now.  I don't know when my calculations went off.  I suppose it shows how unimportant birthdays become later in life.  I think the focus changes from yearly notable days to each sunrise being a happy occasion!
     Today, I believe the focus should be on our youngest, Stephen!  He graduates from high school tonight and we are very proud of his accomplishment!  On top of that, my wife is retiring as a homeschool mom!  Congratulations to both!  Our homeschool efforts began in 1994 with our oldest, Matt and our daughter,  Anna.  Stephen was only two at the time.  Our homeschool journey has been exciting and educating!  The decision in 94' was a good one and we have no regrets.

      I'll close with Stephen's favorite Bible verse, Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation.  Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life... Of whom shall I be afraid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment