Monday, May 2, 2011

Storm Restoration

     Yes, I am an AT&T employee and the following is my opinion!

      I was loaned back to the Birmingham area again today.  My bucket truck and I managed to work four service orders(I know, it makes no sense) and one trouble in the Inverness area.  Then fixed three cut service lines in Greystone before going again to Cahaba Heights.  I managed to get two lines repaired to a service station before calling it a day.
      I know I've been pretty hard on my company's restoration effort, so I'm not going to talk about that today.  What has impressed me is the work accomplished by Alabama Power.  At the one location I worked at in the Heights today, you could see a power company truck in every direction. 





      According to Alabama Power's website they have restored power to more than 388,000 customers since Wednesday's tornadoes.  At 5pm on Monday, only 24,139 remained without power.  Seeing the damage pictures from Tuscaloosa to Madison, they have accomplished a great feat!  They reported that a force of more than 10,000 are on the ground working to restore power.  Crews from Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Virginia, Louisiana, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Michigan, Wisconsin, and the Carolinas are helping in the effort!

     The last picture I'll show is from Alabama Power's twitpic website.
That's a "get er done" photo!  Well done Alabama Power!

No comments:

Post a Comment