Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Christians, Pour Out Your Pepsi!

     It just seems corporations are telling Christians to "shut-up and sit-down" these days!  Pepsico is the latest to determine they don't care what we think!  I am joining other Christians in boycotting Pepsi products. 
     Pepsi is funding research and paying a company named Senomyx to produce flavor enhancers for their beverages.  Senomyx uses HEK-293 which is human embryonic kidney cells from aborted fetal cells!  I know.... you're saying, "they are not doing that"!  Yes, they are.  The link is here!
     I have always preferred Pepsi over Coke but obviously that changed as of today!  I also am a fan of Campbell Soups, and I read in the article that they responded in a positive manner by severing their own relationship with Senomyx.  I will continue to support Campbell Soup for doing the right thing!
     Abortion is a plague on our society and one which we should have taken arms over long ago!  We have compromised our Biblical values by allowing this murderous practice to continue!  Abortion is an act of violence against an innocent human being! 
     In 2008, approximately 1.21 million abortions took place in the United States!  From 1973 through 2005, more than 45 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S.  Nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended;  about 4 in 10 of these are terminated by Abortion.  Twenty-two percent of all U.S. pregnancies end in abortion.  Those numbers are difficult to digest.  Putting it in smaller terms, one baby is aborted every 26 seconds, 137 babies are aborted every hour, and 3,304 babies are aborted every day! Alabama reports over 11,000 abortions every year and according to Sav-a-Life, 7 out of every 10 women seeking an abortion identify themselves as Christians!
     One life is lost in an abortion, but another is severly damaged.  According to the Elliot Institute, there is a long list of disasterous effects on the mother.  The Psychological effects linger forever and will harm everyone in the family! 
     If you are thinking about an abortion, I urge you to stop and think about the life you would be ending!  Pray about it, talk to people you trust, visit a Sav-a-Life center, etc...  If you would like more information online, visit the Center for Bio-Ethical Reform website here

     For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:13-16).

No comments:

Post a Comment