Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Diversity - Bahumbug

     My company recently gave me the opportunity to take an online employee survey and most of the answers were in the form of choose one, strongly agree all the way to strongly disagree.  There were many questions which needed a written explanation, so I was a little frustrated with some of the wording.  At the end, there was actually a comment section.   You could choose a topic, make a comment, and click next for another topic.  I was pleased they did that, until after the second comment, they thanked me for taking the survey.  I felt cheated to only have two opportunities with such great topics. 

     One of the choices was "diversity" and I was getting to that one when the opportunity was taken away from me.  So, I'll let this blog be my comment on the topic, not just to my own company but to the world as a whole.

     Our leaders have, for some time, participated in social reengineering.  When I was a child in elementary school, I was told I couldn't attend the sixth grade at my current school.  The street I lived on was separated into different districts.  The north side students were able to attend my old school, while I, on the south side, was moved to a smaller school further away.  I had walked to school each day with my friends for several years, and now had to make new ones with a longer walk.  My parents laughed when I wanted to send a letter to the Board of Education, but relented and allowed it.  The reply I received back said they were just following Federal guidelines.

     Today, I see "diversity" as just another bad tasting medicine that the government and the intellectuals think we need.  Diversity in this case, means a couple of things.  One, everything is just too white.  There are too many white people and we need to bring in others, especially Hispanics!  Now, I don't have a problem with the Hispanic race.  I think they are a good, hard working bunch of folks.  I do have a problem with illegals who come here to work for a lower wage than normal citizens get.  There are no taxes taken out of what they earn, so their wages end up being higher than you might believe.  The jobs they take keep our citizens unemployed.  The commercials opposing Alabama's new immigration law make you think they only pick vegetables.  Hispanics are heavy into the building trades.  Look at the contractors in any new housing area and you'll find that neither blacks nor whites are the majority employees.  Generally, it comes down to greed.  By not employing American citizens, the building industry is allowed to keep more profits.  May God reward them for their selfishness!

     The other and more ominous meaning of "diversity" is the acceptance of sexual diversity.  In other words, you must approve of lesbians, homosexuals, transgender, and pedophiles.  I do not approve, nor will I ever!  I will never bow down to their alter of diversity because it is not a healthy lifestyle,  it is unholy, and it is an abomination against nature! 

     Companies want you to think that "diversity" is all about skin color.  However, they give it away in other comments by bragging on being awarded #1 in diversity by the Gay and Lesbian organization for whatever.  We often use a chat program, at least I did, until several months ago it highlighted pictures of homosexuals and their accomplishments.  I didn't realize gay history month followed black history month.  Is there a Hispanic history month?  Irish history month?  White history month???  Wait, what about this...  A Chistian history month?

     Christians are the very people who are truly color blind!  We're the ones going to the places others won't go!  We're digging wells for thirsty people and feeding the hungry.  We understand the Bible says, There is neither Jew nor Greek, thee is neigher bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:  for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  Galatians 3:28  AND...  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you Matthew 5:44  Just like those Christians, won't hate when you want to call them haters!  Refusing to disobey God does not make one a hater.

     I would plea to those who are so easily influenced and those who reign over us, please get out of the social engeering business.  Stop trying to legislate your ideas of morality.  As for me, I'll stand with Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego from Daniel chapter 3.  Their answer to the king is the same I'll give.  Be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou has set up.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment