Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Shopping

    My wife, Judy, and I went Christmas shopping today in Leeds at the new Grand River Shops.  I must say that they were not what I had expected.  The design is somewhat unique.  It is in the shape of an H,  with the main entrance at the middle dash and isles of stores on the four ends.
     The selection of stores is nice but again, I thought there would be more.  It was a cold day, so the wind blowing through the walking areas was brisk.  Parking was not a problem, the lot goes all the way around the facility with entrances on each of the 4 ends & the main middle one.  Exiting via car back to I-20 was somewhat of a challenge, the exits are not marked well.  My first attempt ended me up at a dead end.  I just circled around and followed the car in front who had done the same thing.

     The prices of most items weren't much different from the Galleria or Summit stores.  We breezed through the small food court before heading back, deciding our own shopping area in Alabaster wins out for convenience and cost.  If you add the time traveling to shop and gasoline spent on a out of town trip, it is usually best to just buy from local vendors.  Your tax money stays home and you may even keep a friend employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment