Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chestnut Burr & 2011

     As 2011 comes to a close, I thought you might like to know the stat results of this blog.  It certainly doesn't set any records!  My total views were 3,729 up to this post.  I can tell you the most popular blog is MSOC and Privacy Laws.  It was way ahead when Google gave us the dynamic view option about three months ago.  After that, the stats showing each post viewing haven't been accurate.  My view counts change each day, but the next view, for posts and number count are always the same.  I've seen several complaints about it on support pages, but evidently Google has more important matters to look after.  The popular MSOC views are obviously AT&T employees that are unhappy with the company's drive for more productivity via their "whip em" program.  I've been on vacation for the last two weeks and I've been told there is a "personnel entry" for poor efficiency waiting on me, when I return to work.  It's a happy place...

     Two others whose popularity surprised me were Goldfinch Feeding Frenzy and Does Membership have it's privileges?  Judy and I plan to do more "birding" this year and I plan to write more about the birds in Alabama.  We were searching for specific info recently, just for birds in our area, and found it somewhat difficult.  For general information, it's hard to beat Cornell University's ornithology pages.  Check those out here.  Another good site is Audubon, where you can also purchase guide apps for your phone or ipad.

     As for Does Membership have it's privileges, it had a lot of readers but very little feedback.  I plan to have several blogs this next year with religious themes.  We can't enter the year that the Mayans have predicted to be the last, without being prepared to meet our maker.  Some of you obviously have some problems with that(Hollywood, news media, politicians, Muslims, etc.).  Maybe I can help a little.  I believe the end isn't until the fourth quarter, so we still have time to get things right.

     I think all bloggers enjoy looking at the stats.  It's usually the only way we know someone likes what we write.  I appreciate your stopping by from time to time and reading the Chestnut Burr.  It was originally intended as a dose of forgotten wisdom for those who are needy.  I often find myself in need of a handful and I hope I never come across to you, the reader, as a "know-it-all".   As long as we still draw air in our lungs, God gives us opportunity to learn and change.  So, it is my prayer that 2012's cup of truth will overflow and "with wisdom you will learn what is right and honest and fair" Proverbs 2:9



    

No comments:

Post a Comment