Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Press the Reset Button

     I know, I know, haven't written much lately...  In my line of work, we often clear a trouble on a telephone line and then the DSL modem won't sync back up.  It usually just takes a reset to let it clear it's head.  All you have to do normally, is just kill the power and put it back.  That's what I did for myself several weeks ago.  If you were looking at me, I probably showed a little stress.
    
     We've been working a lot of overtime here in Alabama from all the tornado damage back in April.  We were working on average thirteen days at work then one off, and you would start back again with another straight thirteen days at work.  It gets old.  I finally got to my scheduled vacation week in July, and the first day was sick as a dog.  Actually, I shouldn't be so hard on the dog, anyway...I was miserable.
I had a friend steward my account in Realm of Empires(facebook game) for a few days while I recovered, then went right into replacing our kitchen floor.  A "not so difficult job" that went pretty well.

  After that, I realized I didn't want to go back to being an emperor again, so I bailed out of my facebook game and felt great about it!  It was suddenly like, what else can I give up?  I decided to have a "computer fast' for a while and that worked out well too.  I discovered I can do without all of this if I so desire. 
    
     I'm working on a new project to increase my digital TV reception, so I can disconnect DirectTv later this month and save some  bucks.  It's funny how giving up unimportant things can make your day seem longer.
    
     It's very easy to get priorities out of order.  There is probably a good lesson in Biblical fasting here somewhere...

     I must confess that my day with AT&T didn't go well.   I decided to sit down and blast management as usual but realized I owed an explanation for my recent absence.  Management venting can wait another day!  If they only had a reset button...

No comments:

Post a Comment