Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Apologies Accepted?

I'm an employee of AT&T and the following is just my opinion.  If you haven't read my earlier blogs, they like me to say that.

____________________

What if I was wrong?  I admit that sometimes I over analyse issues.  Often, things are just much simpler than I realized.  Like, watching the movie Signs and afterward going to bed.  That noise you just heard in the kitchen probably isn’t an alien, but the cat.  It’s easy to jump to conclusions before all the facts are in.  So… what if I’ve been wrong about AT&T?  What if I’ve blamed a company, where only a misguided manager was at fault?  I would certainly have a lot of positive writing to do!  Single managers are easy to correct, dealing with a whole company, forget it!

Hey, it happens.  Remember Will Smith’s problems in the movie, Enemy of the State.  Great movie, but it shows what can happen when power gets abused.  One man who decides he’ll ruin another for his own lofty ambitions, or sadly,  just because he can.  In the movie, a lot of people were hurt unnecessarily.  I love when Gene Hackman says, “I blew up the building because you made a phone call”.

You may have read my blog on the Uriah Principle.  It may be like that.  King David used his power to commit adultery and then murder.  A powerful man can take what he wants, or deal out any injustice.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Those who bestow authority have to constantly monitor its use.  There should never be small time dictators, who create their own “world” with real people to abuse.  However,  things like that can easily get lost in a big company.

The day I wrote CWA – Missing in Action, I discovered “quality inspections” were done on some of my past work.  That’s ok, I don’t mind, but it got me thinking – could it all be that simple…

If I’ve been wrong and this has all been a “Jon Voight” thing…  then I’ll apologise and remove all my blogs pertaining to AT&T.  I mean it did all start after my transfer to Chelsea.

For now though, I’m waiting.  The jury is still out and I don’t expect them back for a while.  I’ll just be waiting on a sign, and I’ll let you know!

Orig pub Feb. 23, 2012 at TheChestnutBurr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment